“Not only will your answers tell you what you missed in the past; they will tell you what you can be doing, now, to comfort and encourage your artist child. It is not too late, no matter what your ego tells you.” ~Chapter 7- The Artist’s Way
I have combined chapter 6 and 7 in order to make up for lost time. Chapter 7 intrigues me for it is recovering a sense of connection. For me, this week will be focused on connecting the inner child, the little Krissy inside of me as well as connecting with my world on a deeper level. Also, interestingly enough, this week will also attempt to connect me to my own jealousy–more of that later. For now. Enjoy an Archeological excercise.
1. As a kid, I missed the chance to learn how to dance, for fear of not doing it properly, thus making a fool of myself.
2.As a kid I lacked confidence when among my peers.
3.As a kid, I could have used more love and support from my family
4.As a kid, I dreamed of being famous, prestigious, and a Nobel Peace Prize recipient
5. As a kid, I wanted a(n) imaginary friend
6. In my house, we never had enough communication and understanding
7. As a kid, I needed more attention, care, understanding, and foundational support
8.I am sorry that I will never again see Reina Nash
9. For years, I have missed and wondered about Florida and the loss of love
10. I beat myself up about the loss of self-control, self-confidence, and good judgment
🙂 AND NOW FOR THE POSITIVE! 🙂
1. I have a loyal friend in Jackie Feldman, Justin Stephenson, Mary Ellen Fenton
2. One thing I like about my town is that it is within walking distance to the ocean
3. I think I have nice eyes
4. Writing my morning pages has shown me I can “get down” creative genius
5. I am taking a greater interest in a more creative and spiritual life
6. I believe I am getting better at maintaining my inner peace
7. My artist has started to pay more attention to images, sunlight, and little moments in my life
8. My self-care is frowned upon
9. I feel more confident in my success
10. Possibly, my creativity is going to be my redemption for a life of suffering and my biggest proponent of financial and spiritual success